As a beer named after the most recognizable of Jimi Hendrix tunes, it's interesting to note that the song’s colorful imagery came to Jimi in a dream. In a 1969 interview, he said “I dream a lot and I put a lot of my dreams down as songs." Sixteen years later, McMenamins dared to dream and became the first brewery in the U.S. to legally use fruit in the creation of ales. We still craft our flagship Fruit Ales exactly as we first did. We aim to make them light, crisp and refreshingly fruity. Purple Haze, a favorite and often requested recipe for over twenty years now, is brewed using locally malted 2-Row and 42 pounds of Oregon boysenberries in every batch.
Malts: Premium 2-Row
OG: 1.040 TG: 1.006 ABV: 4 IBU: 5 SRM: 3
- 16oz Can
- Oregon Liquor Control Commission permits us to ship within the state of Oregon with these limitations:
- Up to 6 bottle of spirits (no more than 2 of the same)
- Up to 40 cans or bottles of beer
- Up to 18 cans of cider
- One order per customer per day (if we receive more than one order in a day going to the same address, we will have to hold the order until the next business day)
- Alcohol will be shipped by GLS, a licensed OLCC carrier. Adult signature of a person 21 and over is required upon receipt. We recommend shipping to an address where someone 21 or older will be present to sign for the delivery. Carriers cannot deliver to PO boxes; a physical street address is required. Packages will be returned after three delivery attempts, and shipping will not be refunded.